Call for Content
Call for Content! 2017-2018
MASTA Notes is now ALL ELECTRONIC! Articles are posted around the 15th of every month between October and May. New content will not be posted in June, July or August.
Who can submit articles for consideration?
- Active Michigan ASTA members (must have paid their dues)
Types of content we are looking for:
- invitations and descriptions for MASTA sponsored events during the year.
- written articles from MASTA members about currently curricular practice, or unique musical ideas that are being explored in the classroom or private studio.
- interview pieces on MASTA members or student groups that are pertinent to our membership.
- video or audio pieces regarding the string teaching profession that are pertinent to our membership.
Submission and Approval Process:
- The content must be received by the 1st of every month to be considered for the posting on (or near) the 15th.
- Articles submitted for publication should be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org (not Jonathan Glawe school mail account) in the following computer formats: text pasted directly into email, Acrobat files (.pdf) Microsoft Word documents (.doc); Apple Pages (.pages) documents; completely edited and polished video file that may be uploaded to our Youtube Channel (no more than 10 minutes); as an electronic mp3 format that can stream on the site. If the file is proving to be too large, please consider sending the file using Dropbox. Please attach the file of any accompanying photos to the email.
- NOTE: If you have any video or photos that show students in the classroom or studio, you will be asked to provide documentation that proves these students have provided written approval for the material to be posted. No photos or videos will be posted until this is received.
- MASTA Notes editor goes over content, determines if the material is ready for posting. If content is not clear or needs additional approval, the editor will take the content to the MASTA board for their approval before posting. If the article needs considerable re-writing, it is possible the content will have to wait for the following month, or may not be published at all.