Call for Content! 2018-2019
Who can submit articles for consideration?
- Active Michigan ASTA members (must have paid their dues)
Types of content we are looking for:
- invitations and descriptions for MASTA sponsored events during the year.
- written articles from MASTA members about currently curricular practice, or unique musical ideas that are being explored in the classroom or private studio.
- interview pieces on MASTA members or student groups that are pertinent to our membership.
- video or audio pieces regarding the string teaching profession that are pertinent to our membership.
Submission and Approval Process:
- Articles submitted for publication should be emailed directly to email@example.com in the following computer formats: text pasted directly into email, Acrobat files (.pdf) Microsoft Word documents (.doc); Apple Pages (.pages) documents; completely edited and polished video file that may be uploaded to our Youtube Channel (no more than 10 minutes); as an electronic mp3 format that can stream on the site. If the file is proving to be too large, please consider sending the file using Dropbox or Google Drive. Please attach the file of any accompanying photos to the email.
- NOTE: If you have any video or photos that show students in the classroom or studio, you will be asked to provide documentation that proves these students have provided written approval for the material to be posted. No photos or videos will be posted until this is received.
- MASTA Notes editor goes over content, determines if the material is ready for posting. If content is not clear or needs additional approval, the editor will take the content to the MASTA board for their approval before posting.